How To Read a Gas Meter Follow These 4 Tips
Are you worried about your gas consumption and the increased bill that follows? Well, the best solution to this ongoing problem is to regularly check your gas meter. Moreover, it also ensures that you are not having a gas leak. If you have a gas leakage, then that’s a potentially dangerous situation. Your house could explode or you may face health issues. Regardless, knowing how to read a gas meter is pertinent. Now, you may think that you need the experts for this. That is not always true. You can do it yourself if you know how to read gas meter Australia.
Types Of Gas Meters Around You
There are mainly three different types of gas meter. These include – smart meter, dial meter and digital meter. Moreover, you must also locate your gas meter first. If you live in a rented place, then you must ask your landlord for directions. Now, if you have your own house, then your gas meter is most likely in the kitchen. But, it can also be in the hallway. It is vital that you know this before you learn how to read a gas meter.
The smart meter is the easiest to interpret. With the numbers displayed on the screen, you can get the readings with relative ease. If you still have difficulty understanding, you can get in touch with the experts. It is vital that you know how to read a gas meter.
Dial Gas Meter
If you are having issues knowing how to read natural gas meters, check out the tips compiled here.
- You must start reading the dials from the left to the right. If you do it in reverse, you will get an inaccurate reading.
- Remember that if the pointer is stuck between two numbers, you must always take into account the low number
- However, if the pointer is between the digits 0 and 9, you must consider 9.
- Also, make sure that you avoid the red dials, the largest dial and the dials which are marked with “100 per rev”
You must know this if you want to know how to read gas meters nsw.
Note: Remember to observe the dial direction before deciding to read the meter. Every dial, no matter the brand, will go from 0 to 9 and then come back to 0 again.
Digital Gas Meter
Check out the tips listed here to understand how to read a gas meter.
- You must read the numbers from the left to the right. Make sure not to include the numbers displayed in red.
- Also, do not take into account any number that appears surrounding the red
- You must also ignore if there are printed zeroes.
- Another thing that you must remember is to ignore the digits that appear after the decimal.
How To Read The Hot Water Gas Meters?
Are you interested in learning how to read a hot water gas meter? First of all, you must know that there are various types of hot water meters.
- Read the numbers from the left to the right direction. You must not leave any leading zeros.
- Remember to include the red as well as black numbers when you are counting.
- Keep in mind that not all the numbers will be seen in the retail bill. It is because some dials can indicate partial litres.
- Your meter can also indicate measurements in cubic meters. It is equivalent to kiloliters. This is the best way if you are interested in – gas meter how to read.
Can’t Read The Gas Meter? Get Professional Assistance Now!
There are different types of gas meter available. Now, it is quite easy to get the readings. But, for that, you need to know how to read a gas meter. However sometimes you may face some issues while trying to get an accurate read. If you have tried all possible methods and failed, it is time to call in the experts. They can help you immediately!
We provide various types of plumbing services. We have a team of experienced plumbers, gas fitters and technicians who are technically trained to handle different situations. They have the required expertise needed and use high-quality tools. Moreover, we charge affordable price quotes. You can call us anytime you want and we will be right away!